Welcome and thank you for stopping by and I hope you find everything Beautiful~
Each item seen here is designed and handcrafted by me and I take a passionate and loving approach to all my hands touch!!
Looking for something you haven't found yet??
Ask me and I can make it for you!!!
My talents are many and my limits are few~
Here's to Living Life as Beautiful as You can each and every day~

Coming Soon!!!

Step by step instructions for delicious recipes and lovely crafts!!!
Once a month I will be hosting an event and someone will win a prize!!! So be sure to check back often to see what's going on in My Beautiful Life~

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Granny's Banana Bread

Granny's Banana Bread


Ingredients:
Mix separately, 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick of soft butter. Set aside/


Batter Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup soft butter (one stick)
4 large ripe bananas, smashed
1 1/2 Tablespoons of milk plus 1 tsp. of lemon juice added to it
Mix and add;
2 beaten eggs, then;
2 cups of all purpose flour, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. baking soda. You may add  1/2 cup finely chopped pecans if you want to.
Spray your bread pan with cooking spray and flour gently. Add 1/3 of the oatmeal mixture to the bottom of pan.  Put in ONLY half the batter and another 1/3 of oatmeal mixture, top with rest of batter and then lastly with the oatmeal mix. Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour and then keep checking it for doneness by inserting a knife in center if it comes out clean it is done. This usually makes one loaf with some batter left over which I put into a small pie pan and bake first but be careful this one is ready in only 15 minutes. After removing from oven let the bread rest in the pan until completely cool about an hour or more then invert onto plate.






Bottom of loaf all gooey with goodness~






















Top of loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment